- State of the Market Address:
- The Dow has broken above 22,000.
- Shiller's Adjusted S&P P/E ratio is now at 30.30 Arguably the highest level in history (if we adjust for 2000 distortions) and now above 1929 top of 29.55.
- Weekly RSI at 79.39 - overbought. Daily RSI is at 76.68 - overbought.
- Prior years corrections terminated at around 200 day moving average. Located at around 17,850 today (on weekly).
- Weekly Stochastics at 97.20- overbought. Daily at 97.74 -overbought.
- NYSE McClellan Oscillator is at -19. Neutral.
- Volatility measures VIX/VXX are once again sitting at or near their historic lows. Commercial VIX long interest increased somewhat. Now at 100K contracts net long.
- Last week's CTO Reports suggest that commercials (smart money) are shifting their positioning to net short. Short interest has decreased slightly during the week. For now, the Dow is 4X, the S&P is at 2.5X, Russell 2000 is at 1.5X and the Nasdaq is at 2X short. That is a substantial short position against the market.
In summary: For the time being and long-term, the market remains in a clear bull trend. Yet, a number of longer-term indicators suggest the market might experience a substantial correction ahead. Plus, the "smart money" is positioning for some sort of a sell-off.
If you would like to find out exactly what happens next based on our Timing and Mathematical work, please Click Here.
ELLIOTT WAVE UPDATE:
Since many people have asked, I will attempt to give you my interpretation of Elliott Wave and how it is playing out in the market. First, I must admit. I don’t claim to be an EW expert, but I hope my “standard” interpretation is of help.
Let’s take a look at the most likely recent count on the S&P.
Long-Term: It appears the S&P is quickly approaching the termination point of its (5) wave up off of 2009 bottom. If true,we should see a massive sell-off later this year.
Short-Term: It appears the S&P might have completed its intermediary wave 3 and now 4. It appears the market is now pushing higher to complete wave 5 of (5). If true, the above count should terminate the bull market.If you would like to find out exactly what happens next based on our Timing and Mathematical work, please Click Here.