Continuation from Friday......STEP #2: Find a safe location for your family.
This step applies to everyone, regardless of whether or not you live in a safe or impacted area. Just remember, you don't want to be around population centers. Large or small. As was suggested above, societies throughout the world will deteriorate. Impacted or not. As such, you want to be as far away from everyone as possible. Separation from others will become your best weapon for survival.
Best Options If You Have Money and are Able to Move Around
Stick to Western societies. Essentially, you will have two options.
- Central Australia: Scarcely populated, large open spaces. And while coastal Australia will be nuked, this large body of land will not be impacted in its center. Making it a perfect location to setup a small household for your family to wait out the war.
- Central Canada (some parts of Alaska): If you prefer the cold, would like to remain in North America and don't mind sharing your habitat with the polar bears, Canada is your best bet. While large population centers in Canada will be targeted, the rest of the country and its wilderness will be able to avoid the impact.
Contrary to a popular believe, the USA would not be a good place to wait out the war. For a number of reasons. First, the U.S. will be the primary target in the nuclear war. If you are lucky enough to survive initial strikes, subsequent radioactive fallouts are likely to do you in. Second, the US is just too well connected for you to have the ability to be "off the grid" and far away from all major population centers. Finally, the US population is heavily armed and it will become violent once the society deteriorates. Putting your family in an unnecessary danger.
Best Options If You Are Unable or Unwilling to Move Away From Your Home Country.
Yet, if you are unable or unwilling to move away from your home country, the following plan of action is your best bet. (Please Note: This applies to those who are willing to move as well).
- Locate an off the grid piece of land that is at least 300 miles away from any population center. The more difficult it is to get there, the better. Stay away from major roads. Make sure that a nearby clean source of water is available. Also, make sure that the land is fertile enough to farm on.
- Buy this piece of land. Do not buy it outright; get a loan if you can. By the time the war ends it is highly probable that neither your bank nor your IOU will exist.
- Build a simple one story house for your family and yourself. Just big enough to accommodate all of your needs. Try to hide or camouflage it the best you can. Remember, you wouldn't want to attract attention. Even from the air.
- Build a small underground bunker/space on the property. Just in case.
- Rely on solar power as your primary source of power.
To Be Continued Tomorrow.......(Why Am I Seeing This On A Financial Website?)